A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in the UAE
UAE Drone Regulations Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, with registration.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone laws for the UAE
When you decide travel and fly your drone in the United Arab Emirates you have to be inform about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
– Flying near public areas and private properties is NOT allowed.
– Only day time flights. Good weather conditions – required.
– Distance to Airports, Airfields or controlled zones – at least 5 km.
– Radio contact with the drone during the flight – required.
– Avoid any collisions with other objects.
– Visual eye contact all the flight time.
– High of the flight – max 122m.
– Drone with weight 5 kg or less – are allowed to fly only in approved flying zone.
– Video or image recording is allowed only for drone pilots with Emirates ID and registration with GCAA in allowed locations. There are applications in Android and iTunes where you can see exact allowed and restricted zones for take photos or video.
If pilot intend to resell his drone – he is obligated to inform GCAA via official website.
If an accident appear or lost drone control – immediately inform GCAA on hotline: +971506414667 and E-mail: [email protected]
Minimum age for pilots- 21 years old – for drones more than 25 kg.
In additional to the common rules in UAE, in Dubai are in charge RPAS rules established by the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA).
For fly your drone in Dubai:
Pilot have to Register for operator. Certificated Training providers are: Sanad Academy and Exponent. For register Drone with DCAA you need follow documents: Company address and name, License, Passport size photo, National ID for tourists, Pilot’s Emirates ID, RPAS Serial Number, Training Certificate, Registration DCAA you can make here.
We advise you to check and read always the official websites for newest drone laws for the UAE or of the countries where you will fly your drone.
If you are a novice drone pilot, we recommend you to read some interesting tips about different drone shooting techniques. One of them, for example, is how to create your Drone cinematic footage. This techniques is not very easy to perform, but the advice will help you to get stunning results. Every one knows that when every little detail is made with care, the final result is really satisfyng.
Our mission is to help you to get everything for flying with drones. We teach you the rules, how to fly a drone, where to fly a drone, and what to buy as well as everything you need to know about drones.
If you want to advertise or have any question, please contact us.