Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that, you must keep also the drone laws in Namibia listed bellow.
Important information for foreigners
If you are a foreigner and will travel with your drone, you have to :
– Obtain Approval from the DCA. You need to submit an application and submit it at least 60 days before the flight. You can fly only recreational. Here are the conditions for getting approval by the NCAA.
– For the Commercial drone flights – this approval must get at least 120 days before the flight.
General Drone Laws in Namibia
– Namibian citizens must have Approval at least 30 days prior to the recreational flight and 90 calendar days before the commercial flight.
– Liability insurance – is required.
– Allowed altitude- 45 meters.
– Keep the distance to any airport or Aerodrome.
– Fly your drone only in good weather conditions and excellent visibility.
– Maintain visual contact with the drone throughout the flight.
– Distance to any person, vehicles, vessels roads or streets – at least 50 meters.
– Flying over crowds – is forbidden.
– Distance to any restricted areas- at least 5 nautical miles.
– Fly carefully and safe.
– Distance to National Parks or Game Reserves – at least 5 nautical miles.
– More information on drone regulations in Namibia you can read here.
In southern Africa is a vast area covered with desert vegetation and sand dunes of the Namib Desert. Much of it is located in Namibia. The Namib Desert Naukluft Nature Park is located in the Namibian Desert, and its yellow and orange wasteland is the oldest in the world. The capital of Namibia is the city of Windhoek founded in 1840 with a population of only 300 thousand people at an altitude of 1640 meters above sea level. The majority of Namibia’s population lives in the northern regions of the country. The country borders South Africa to the south and Botswana to the east. The most interesting attractions of Namibia are:
Spitskoper Nature Reserve, located between Usakos and Swakopmond. This is a favorite place for people with an adventurous spirit. Climbers from all over the world come here to experience an extreme ascent of the granite rock, which scientists say is 100 million years old. The highest point on the rock is 1784 meters, and the lowest is 700 meters in the desert – an ideal place for camping.
Natural attractions in Namibia
Etosha Park is the next attraction in Namibia that is worth visiting. It covers an area of 5000 sq. Km. in the northern part of the country and is the largest reserve in Africa.
A wonderful and very impressive attraction in Namibia is the Fish River Canyon. After the Grand Canyon in North America, it is the largest in the world. Fish River Canyon is 160 km long and in some places 27 km wide. The depth in some places reaches 550 meters, which is a real miracle of nature. For avid mountaineers, there is a Namibia nature special route of 80 km, which takes 3-5 days. The eco-trail starts from the Hobas camp, and the views you are about to see are extremely beautiful.
The world-famous Skeleton Coast is located on the northern coast of Namibia. For 700 km you can see the remains of sunken ships that crashed due to the strong water current of the ocean and the thick fog that often surprises sailors. The landscape is sinister and surreal, in which most of the people died because there is no water and no settlement hundreds of kilometers away.
Our mission is to help you to get everything for flying with drones. We teach you the rules, how to fly a drone, where to fly a drone, and what to buy as well as everything you need to know about drones.
If you want to advertise or have any question, please contact us.