Our advise is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that you must keep also the drone laws in Curacao listed bellow.
Before performing an operation, every drone must be registered. This registration can be done here- on this web page.
– Visual contact with the drone during hall flight is obligated.
– Max allowed Altitude – 50 meters – for Open Category. Up to 120 meters for Special Category.
– Distance between the drone pilot and the drone can be a maximum of 500 meters.
– Distance to Residential areas – at least 1 km.
– Flying drone at night – is Forbidden.
– Flying near Military facilities and objects- is Forbidden.
– Distance to any Airport – at least 8 km.
– Distance to any Heliport – at least 3 km.
– Distance to buildings or people- a minimum of 500 meters.
These are the basic drone regulations in Cyprus – both for Commercial and Recreational flights.
Licensing Requirements for Flying a Drone in Cyprus
Open Category – Recreational
For making drone flight for recreational purposes, the drone pilot does not need any special License. The Open category drones- must be under 3 kgs weight. They must be not involved in any commercial activities.
Special Category – Commercial
Basic Drone regulations in Cuprys for commercial flights:
– The weight of drones must be under 25 kgs. The drones can be used for any commercial activities.
– Drone pilots who want to make Commercial flights must be Licensed.
– License for the drone pilot – this document is issued by the Department of Civil Aviation.
– License for Operating – this document is issued by the Department of Civil Aviation.
– Category 3 Aeromedical certificate.
On the Cyprus Government’ official website – you can get full and rich information.
In any case, we recommend all drone pilot read and be informed about the latest drone regulations in Cyprus. Always read the official websites of the responsive authorities.
Cyprus is one of the most famous tourist destinations in the Mediterranean. The island has a long history, beginning in antiquity and ending with its division into two parts after the Turkish occupation in 1974. Greek Cypriots, who make up 80% of the population, are in the south and Turks are in the north. Few countries have lived their history with such passion. There is grief for the lost land, but still, happiness is the dominant emotion on the island.
It is easy to imagine how the Greek goddess of love was born from the waves of the Cypriot beaches. With three hundred sunny days a year, Cyprus is an interesting tourist destination with an equally interesting history. Its name was given 3500 years ago when the valuable honey – cypress was found here. Many Greeks were attracted to the island to raise it as a symbol of strength and power. Ten different peoples ruled the island for 27 centuries.
From the golden beaches, with their spectacular sports, through the citrus trees, the pines and the Trudos Mountains, to the merry neighborhoods – Cyprus is a flourishing adventure. See Nicosia, the city separated by a wall, discover food and culture and immerse yourself in the pulsating nightlife.
Our mission is to help you to get everything for flying with drones. We teach you the rules, how to fly a drone, where to fly a drone, and what to buy as well as everything you need to know about drones.
If you want to advertise or have any question, please contact us.