Drone Regulations in Panama
A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Panama
Panama's Drone Regulation Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Only Commercial flights are allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is required.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone regulations in Panama
When you decide to travel and fly your drone in Panama you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Drone Laws in Panama
Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that, you must keep also the drone regulations in Panama listed bellow.
General Drone Laws in Panama
– All drone flights need Permission from the PDCA.
– A certificate of Operation is required for each drone pilot. Some Certificates from other countries may be valid, but we advise you to check them with the PDCA.
– Drones up to 250 grams – max allowed altitude 30 meters.
– Drones 250 grams – 25 kilograms – max allowed altitude 60 meters.
– Drones 25 kilograms – 150 kilrgams- max allowed altitude 120 meters.
– Max allowed distance between the drone and the drone pilot – 500 meters.
– All drone flights must have Drone Insurance.
– Distance to any Airport or Airfield – at least 8 kilometers.
– Fly at least 10 meters vertically and 30 meters horizontally of people.
– Distance to any structure, buildings, or within cities – at least 150 meters.
– Max allowed speed – 130 kph (80 mph).
For more information on drone regulations in Panama, you can read here.
Some tourist travel tips for Panama
Colorful and amazingly beautiful, Panama is a unique and captivating symbiosis of different cultural influences. Endowed with magnificent natural resources, intriguing history and hospitable locals, Panama deservedly ranks among the best tourist destinations in the world.
The Panama Canal or “Eighth Wonder of the World” is undoubtedly the most popular and impressive attraction in the country. The 80 km long canal connects the Atlantic with the Pacific Ocean. Today, the canal operates every day throughout the year, and its operation is taken care of by nearly 9,000 workers. Visitors can follow with interest the unique passage of ships through the locks from one of the observation stands.
The capital, Panama City, is a thriving metropolis filled with rich architectural diversity and cultural landmarks. Sprinkled with elegant restaurants, an abundance of shiny shops and a bunch of chic clubs, the city captivates every visitor, endowing him with unforgettable emotions.
Panama is also a paradise for a summer vacation by the sea. One of the most beautiful destinations is the exotic Bocas del Toro archipelago, dotted with six picturesque islands and numerous small and beautiful uninhabited islands.
Panama is the southernmost country in Central America. The country is located north of Colombia and south of Costa Rica, and its shores are washed by the waters of the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean. More than 1,000 coastal, exotic small islands belong to the territory of Panama. The Panama Canal area is also part of the territory of Panama. The 80 km long canal crosses the Isthmus of Panama at its lowest point, connecting the Atlantic with the Pacific Ocean and separating the North from South America. The capital of the country is Panama.
Subscribe to receive latest news from us
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!