Drone rules Dominican Republic
A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic - Drone Regulations Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone rules Dominican Republic
When you decide to travel and fly your dronein the Dominican Republic you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Drone laws - Dominican Republic
General Drone Rules for Flying in the Dominican Republic
Our advise is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that you must keep also the drone rules Dominican Republic listed bellow.
– All drones over 4 kgs must be registered with the IDAC.
– All drones must have Liability Insurance.
– You can register your drone on the IDAC official website.
– All drone flight have to be performed with responsive behaviour and safety for all people and objects.
– Fly only in good weather conditions and clear visibility.
– Visual contact with the drone during flight – all the time.
– 5 nautical miles is the minimum distance to any Airport or Airfield.
– Drone operators can not be switched during the drone flight.
– Flights must be performed during day time and daylight.
– Flying after sunset must be done with extra light so the drone can be more visible for distance.
– Avoid dangerous zones and restricted areas.
– Keep people privacy.
– Operating drone under the influence of alcohol or drugs – is forbidden.
– You can operate just one drone at a time.
– You can not fly your drone from a vehicle. You can only operate it from a boat, in the water.
– Maximum allowed speed – 100 mph for drones over 4.4 pounds and 34 mph for drones under 4.4 pounds.
Additional information on the Drone rules Dominican Republic you can read here.
Some tourist travel tips for the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic is one of the most exotic places on the planet. When Christopher Columbus discovered this unique piece of land in 1494, he himself exclaimed that there was no more beautiful place in the world.
Today, the Dominican Republic is among the most attractive tourist destinations, attracting countless connoisseurs of Caribbean beauty throughout the year. Land endowed with eternal summer, amazing tropical nature, long sparkling white beaches and amazing coral reefs. She kindly greets us through her hospitable locals, takes us back to her rich ancient history and reveals her unique culture with a smile.
Apart from all these riches, the Dominican Republic impresses us with its wonderful tourist infrastructure, which is one of the most developed in the Caribbean. First-class resorts and hotels offer an abundance of extras and high quality services, which combined with the great service, make us feel like kings during our stay. Wide golden beaches, plenty of water sports, delicious Caribbean cuisine and raging Latin night rhythms – these are just some of the pleasures and emotions that await everyone who decides to touch one of the most exotic places in the world.
The Dominican Republic occupies two-thirds of the island of Espanola, the second largest of the Greater Antilles archipelago. The rest of the island is occupied by the Caribbean side of Haiti. This made Espanola one of the two islands in the Caribbean, home to two countries at once (the other island is Saint Martin).
Countries close to the Dominican Republic are Puerto Rico to the east, Jamaica to the west and Cuba to the northwest. Located on an area of approximately 48,730 square kilometers, the country ranks second in size among all the Antilles, after Cuba. The capital is Santo Domingo – a charming city located on the south coast of the country.
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!