Drone rules in Sint Maarten
A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Sint Maarten
Sint Maarten's Drone Regulation Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
It is recommended.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is required.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone rules in Sint Maarten
When you decide to travel and fly your drone in Sint Maarten you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Latest Drone rules in Sint Maarten
Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that, you must keep also the drone laws in Sint Maarten listed bellow.
General Drone Rules in Sint Maarten
– Flying over sensitive areas, critical areas, or any Airports or Airfields – is Forbidden.
– You have to keep the Visual Line Of Sight (VLOS) – during the entire flight.
– Max allowed Altitude – 120 meters.
– Max allowed distance to the drone – 500 meters.
– Always give way to the manned Aircraft.
– Flying over people or crowds- is forbidden.
– You need to have Drone Insurance.
– The Drone needs to be Labeled – with clear visible owner’s data- Name contact information, address, and phone number.
– Flying the drone under the influence of drugs or alcohol – is forbidden.
– Fly only in the daytime and good weather conditions.
– Flying at night hours – is forbidden.
– Filming or recording people or their private properties without their permission – is forbidden.
– Approval from the Section Civil Aviation (SMCAA) is provided for commercial operations in the NO FLY ZONES.
– For more information on Drone rules in Sint Maarten, you can read here.
Some tourist travel tips for Sint Maarten
Sint Maarten Island is one of the most unique and beautiful places on the planet. Magnificent beaches, crystal green water, gorgeous hotels – this is the place where you can enjoy unforgettable relaxation and sunny emotions. The island covers only 60 square kilometers, but although small in size, it is one of the most captivating on the planet.
What will excite you the most is that the island is divided into two, albeit with an invisible border – one half belongs to France – St. Marteen, and the other – St. Marteen is an overseas territory of the Netherlands. Surprisingly, tourists do not even understand when they pass from one part to another.
In fact, if you want to indulge in a peaceful vacation, choose the French half of St. Martin – there await you quiet and magnificent beaches and endless tranquility. The Dutch part is more lively and visited by tourists. That’s why the port, where cruise ships often dock, and the Princess Juliana International Airport also contribute.
Subscribe to receive latest news from us
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!