Latest Drone Laws in Croatia
A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Croatia
Drone laws in Croatia
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
It is recommended.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone Laws in Croatia
When you decide to travel and fly your drone in Croatia you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Drone laws in Croatia:
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Croatia
Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight.
– Max allowed Hight of flight – 120 meters.
– Keep visual eye-contact all the flight time.
-Distance to any Aeroport – minimum 5 km (in radius)
– Distance to any uninvolved people- 50 meters.
– All drones over 5 kgs must have a Label. This label must be non-flammable and must contain Contact Information about the owner – Name, Surname, Address, Email, Phone and the Identification Mark of the Drone.
– One drone pilot can operate only one single drone at a time.
Registrations, Approvals, Operation Categories, Exams
Flight operations Category A and B1 – For this category operations the drone pilot is not obligated to past an Exam and Register the drone.
Category B2 and Category C1 – the drone pilot must register the drone. This can be done using this Form: FOD-FRM-005
Category C1 – The drone pilot need to Register the Drone and pass a theoretical test.
Category C2 – The drone pilot is obligated to pass Theoretical Test and get Approval from the CCAA ( Croatian Civil Aviation Agency).
– Registration of the drones can be done here – at the official CCAA website.
– Inquiries for the Test ( Theoretical) – can be sent to [email protected]
The full official documentation for drone laws in Republic Croatia – you can read here.
The other place to get additional information for the regulations and – is the Airspace Management Cell (AMC) Portal.
Flying a Drone at Night
In Croatia, there are some specific rules for flying a drone in night-time.
– The drone must be equipped with Lights wich the drone pilot must be able to see during the whole flight.
– The drone pilot must have Registration and have been passed Exam.
Taking Video or Photo in Croatia
For performing drone footage or drone photography in Croatia for professional purposes, you need to have followed these rules :
– Permission from the CCAA.
– Apply from the State Geodetic Administration a Request for Issuance.
– Be able to provide proof of the use for the materials – video footage or drone photography.
– Submission of all taken materials in the State Geodetic Administration and be aware that all of them will remain archived.
– The valid period of this Permit is up to 3 months.
Full and reach information about Drone rules for Photographics and Videos in Croatia you can read on the official website of the Government of the Republic of Croatia Regulation on Aerial Imaging.
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!