Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that, you must keep also the drone laws in Rwanda listed bellow.
In Rwanda, there are some specific rules for foreigners.
If you are a drone pilot and wish to travel and bring your drone to Rwanda, you have to read follow special rules for such cases.
– Your drone has to be Registered with the CAA BEFORE entering the country. This registration can be done by some local citizens on behalf of you. But keep in mind these registrations can take up to 3 months and costs about $150.00.
General Drone Laws in Rwanda
– All drones have to be registered.
– Each drone has to be Marked with a Number assigned by the CAA.
– Max allowed altitude – 100 meters.
– Max allowed Distance – 300 meters.
– Maintain visual contact with the drone throughout the flight.
– You need to have Drone Insurance, mandatory.
– Max allowed weighting of the drone is 25 kilograms.
– Minimum age of the drone pilot – at least 21 years.
– Distance to any people, buildings, vehicles, animals, or other objects – at least 50 meters.
– Distance to any Airport or Aerodrom – at least 10 kilometers.
– Flying a drone at night – is Forbidden.
– Fly your drone only daytime and in good weather conditions and extra visibility.
– Max allowed speed of the drone – 100 kph.
For more information on Drone laws in Rwanda, you can read here.
Rwanda’s streets have sidewalks, green areas are mowed, and plastic bags are banned. Twenty-five years after the genocide, it is an example of success in Africa, a country of thousands of hills and lies.
Although the name Rwanda evokes memories of one of the most horrific genocides in history, the country has already embarked on a new path of social and political development and is working for its promising future. Known as the “land of thousands of hills”, Rwanda impresses with its unspoiled nature and rare animal species. Here, as you walk through the tropical jungle, you have the chance to meet endangered mountain gorillas.
Our mission is to help you to get everything for flying with drones. We teach you the rules, how to fly a drone, where to fly a drone, and what to buy as well as everything you need to know about drones.
If you want to advertise or have any question, please contact us.