Latest Drone Laws in South Korea
A list of drone regulations and links
for drone pilots in the South Korea
South Korea's Drone Regulation Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
No, it is not obligated.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, with conditioins.
Does the drone need a badge?
It is recommended.
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from the Airports.
Drone Laws in South Korea
When you decide to travel and fly your drone in South Korea you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Latest Drone laws in South Korea
Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that, you must keep also the drone laws in South Korea listed bellow.
General Drone Laws in South Korea
– If you shall fly Commercial – your drone must be registered with the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport. More information on the registration process you can find here.
– If your drone is 12 kgs or more – you need to have an Operation License.
– Flying at night – is Forbidden.
– You can fly only in the day.
– Fly only in good weather conditions and good visibility.
– Max allowed altitude – 150 meters.
– Keep the VLOS ( Visual Line Of Sight) during the entire flight.
– Distance to any Airfields or Aeroports – at least 5.5 kilometers.
– Flying over people or crowds – is forbidden.
– You can not fly near any military installations or objects, facilities related to national security as the Blue House, or near Seoul plaza.
For more information on the Drone laws in South Korea, you can visit the official KOCA website.