Drone laws in Spain
A list of drone regulations and links for pilots in Spain
Drone regulation in Spain Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
It is recommended.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone Laws in Spain
Drone regulations in Spain
It look like you are a pilot. That’s great! Especially if you are enjoying travel and photograph the sunny Spain. But before you take your drone and go make a flight, please read the Drone Laws in Spain.
First – the common rules for each pilot:
– Always keep visual contact.
– Always be sure for the perfect condition of the equipment.
– Never fly over people, private areas, state facilities, near Airports and every such type of objects.
– Always keep necessary distance to people’s privacy.
– Be focused and sure there are no distracting factors near you.
The most important rules in Spain are:
– Keep visual contact all the time.
– When perform FPV flight – the second pilot must be visual controller and
observer and if need appear – to reach and inform the pilot.
– Each regional authority have right to establish own rules. So it will be very good for you to make deep research before perform a flight.
– Any Commercial flight must have permission.
– The time of flight – only daily.
– For The commercial pilots – Liability Insurance is required.
– For the drones with weight under 2kg – they can fly during night but if the altitude to the ground to not exceed 50 meters.
– The distance to the Airports must be at least 8 km (5 miles) -in uncontrolled spaces. Or 15 mn (9.3 miles) on approved flight type BVLOS.
– The space between people who are not involve in the flight must be at least 50 meters.
– The distance from buildings in minimum 150m.
– For flights over National Parks- you need to have permission from EASA.
– For the flights in No-Fly-Zones – you must have approuvement from the Spanish Ministry of Defense. Usually it takes about one week.
We advise you always check and read the official Drone laws in Spain. The safety and the proper making flight are with major importance. Always be sure that your equipment is in perfect condition before perform a flight.
Some tourist travel tips for Spain
If you travel with your drone in Spain but you want to visit also some interesting tourist places, here are some suggestions for you
Everybody knows Barcelona is fabulous. Catalan culture is famous all over the world. But except this place, you can visit also the other nice cities like Granada, Valencia, Madrid. This beautiful country provides exceptional opportunities to get you in love.
Santiago de Compostela
This is one famous final destination of traditional pilgrimage known as Camino de Santiago. It is believed that this is the place where St James, an Apostle of Jesus Christ, is buried. It is very important for Christians. In the heart of the city is situated the main square – Praza do Obradoiro.
Annually here come a big amount of tourists.
Another place to visit is the famous Costas. With its Roman ruins and sunny beaches – you will have a very impressive stay.
Toledo – The city of Three Cultures
It takes this name because it was inhabited by Christians, Muslims and Jews. It has been also a Spanish Capital until the 16th Century. You can see Roman architecture and historic objects.
Another amazing place to visit in Spain. This is the capital city of Andalusia and it also is Financial and Culture capital. Beautiful and remarkable historic landmarks you can find here. The Cathedral of Seville is the place where it is believed that Christopher Columbus is buried. Here also is situated the luxurious gardens of the extravagant Moorish palace.
Subscribe to receive latest news from us
Best views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!