Drone regulations in Greece
A list of drone rules and links for drone pilots in Greece
Greece Drone rules Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Airports.
Drone rules in Greece
Drone laws in Greece
– If your flight will be out the range of 50 meters far away, you have to apply an application for each separated fly. This application you can reach on the HCAA website . When you finish the application you have to verify and share you flight intentions with the local department of the police.
– If our flight is less than 50 meters – you are able to do it without any application.
– If you will fly with a permission – the Max high of the flight is 120 meters.
– For the commercial flight – is always required to have permission. This permission can be taken from the www.ypa.gr website
– Night Flight – are forbidden.
– Flight are forbidden: over people, hospitals, national government and military facilities and some other specific zones.
– Flying over private properties is Not allowed, except you have a special permission.
– Drones Insurance – is required for Commercial Flights.
– The hobby pilots must have Insurance only in case that their drone is more than 4 kg. This fall in the Category “Open-A2”.
Here are all the laws, categories and conditions – Rules by Hellenic Republic – Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport – Read it before perform a drone flight.
The MAX weight of the drones is 25 kg.