Drone rules in Denmark
A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Denmark
Drone Regulations in Denmark Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
Yes, you need it.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Yes, it is needed.
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone rules in Denmark
Drone regulations in Denmark
Basic Drone rules in Denmark
– Max weight of the drone – 25kg.
– Max high of the flight – 100 meters.
– If the drone is more than 7 kg the pilot need to have a Accreditation for the operation.
– The drone’s owner must be registered with Danish Transport, Construction and Housing Authority.
– Label the drone with owner Name, Phone number and – Registration number.
– Micro drones – with weight less than 250 gr and Max speed 50 km/H – not need registration.
– Age of pilot – at least 16 years. In case the pilot is 15 or less – supervision by adult person is required.
– For non micro drones – all others – need Valid Insurance – with cover sun 0.75 million.
– Flight must be performed away to any private property.
– Distance to other people not involved in the flight – at least 50 meters.
– Give way to any Manned Aircraft – Always.
Distance to Airdromes, Airports, Runways – at least 5 km.
– Distance to Military objects and airbases – at least 8 km.
– Flying over populated areas – Not allowed.
– Save distance to other drones to avoid collision.
– For flying over the sight line – Permit from Danish Transport, Construction, and Housing Authority is required.
– For night time flights – the drone need to be prepared with lights so the pilot can see all the time the drone and its position in the air. Special License is required for night flights.
Additional Drone rules in Denmark
In additional to up rules, in Denmark there are rules for drone flights in Built Areas. This areas are used for habitation, recreational purpose or commercial like Sport halls, summer cottage areas, camping sites etc. In these areas:
– Drones must fly only for professional purposes.
– Age of pilot – at least 18 years.
– Max high of flight – 120 meters.
– The pilot must have experience – at least 15 other flights ( or equivalent 5 hours ) in non Build up areas.
– Local Police authority must be informed for the flight at least 24 hours in advance.
– For night flights – special license is required.
– After finish the flight – you need to enter information about the flight in a log or corresponding document.
– During operations only the licensed operator must stay in the point of remote control of the drone.
– For flight outside visual sight line – Special Permit is required from Danish Transport, Construction, and Housing Authority.
– License for relevant category for remote pilot.
Full and exact information for flying in Built -up areas in Denmark – you can read here.
Non flying zones you can find here – droneluftrum.dk and the app Droneluftrum.
Official information and latest news you can find here – droneregler.dk.
We advise you always read the official websites of the responsive Drone rules authorities before perform a flight.
We advise you always check and read the official information documents for each country when you want to fly your drone. The safety and the proper making flight are with major importance. Always be sure that the drone is in perfect condition before perform a flight.
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!