Latest drone rules in Kosovo
A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Kosovo
Kosovo's Regulations Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is required.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Latest drone rules in Kosovo
When you decide to travel and fly your drone in Kosovo you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest drone rules and information on the official web pages.
Drone rules in Kosovo
Our advise is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide to perform a drone flight.
Latest Drone regulations in Kosovo
– The drone must be registered. This registration must be done by the KCAA. There are fees for registration and they depend on the size of the drone.
– All drone operations must be performed with special Permission.
– If your drone is under 500 grams – the drone rules don’t affect it.
– Keep visual contact with the drone during hall flight.
– Flying near government buildings, foreign diplomatic missions, national buildings – is forbidden unless you have special permission for that.
– Keep people privacy and do not fly above private properties without permission from its owner.
– Distance to national Kosovo border – at least 1 kilometer.
– Distance to NATO Camp Film City – at least 1 kilometer.
– Distance to Pristina International Airport and each other airport – at least 2 kilometers.
– Flying near any military base or object without prior permission – is Forbidden.
– Flying at night – is Forbidden.
– Max Allowed Altitude – 150 meters.
– Max Allowed Distance – 500 meters. Flying a drone under the influence of alcohol or drugs- is absolutely forbidden.
– Liability Insurance – required.
– Minimal required age of the drone pilot – 16 years.
Some tourist travel tips for Kosovo
When you think of the Balkan Peninsula, you can think of places like Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia and Albania. This region in Eastern Europe is home to many lesser known places that every traveler should visit. One of them is Kosovo, the youngest European country rarely visited by outsiders. This small Balkan country is home to beautiful places worth visiting. Read on to learn about the most beautiful cities in Kosovo.
Pristina is the capital of Kosovo and its political and economic center. It may not be as charming as other Eastern European capitals, but Pristina is charming in many ways. I have a great coffee culture, weird architecture and the people are wonderful. Two inconspicuous places in Pristina are the Newborn Monument, a symbol of the county’s independence (Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008) and the inevitably ugly National Library of Kosovo, built in 1982 by Croatian architect Andrija Matnjakovic. It is famous for its 99 domes and a giant metal fishing net covering the entire structure. Be sure to enjoy coffee at one of the city’s two brightest bars – Soma Book Station or Dit’n’Nat – both are pleasant places visited by students as well as by the international community that lives in the city.
Prizren is considered the cultural capital of Kosovo. While Pristina is more international and has a lively nightlife, Prizren is known for its ancient architecture, religious buildings and history. It is only an hour by bus from the capital, so you can see it as a destination for a day trip. The best thing to do in Prizren is to climb to the top of the old fortress, Kalaja, and enjoy the hearty views of the old town. Bring the camera with you, because the panorama includes several mosques, churches, bridges and red roofs. Then return to the city and visit the Shadervan area, which is the most beautiful district of Prizren, with ancient mosques, crowded cafes and a charming old stone bridge.
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!