Drone laws in Colombia
A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Colombia
Colombian Regulations Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
You need to have Registration.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended.
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, but with conditions.
Does the drone need a badge?
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from Arports.
Drone laws in Colombia
When you decide travel and fly your drone in Colombia you need to be inform about the drone regulations about this activity. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Drone laws in Colombia:
General Drone Rules for Flying a Drone in Colombia
Our advise is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight.
Before flying a drone in Colombia, you have to pass Training by the CAAC.
– Before each flight, you need to have Authorization by the CAAC.
– Max allowed altitude – 150 meters.
– Always check the weather conditions and fly only in good ones.
– Never fly in strong wind or bad weather conditions.
– Max allowed distance between the drone pilot and the UAV – 750 meters. If the drone pilot has co-operator in the operation, then the allowed distance is 1500 meters in radius.
– Distance to any objects – buildings or people – at least 50 meters.
– Distance to any Airport – at least 5 kilometres.
– Flying near Military objects and over prisons or police facilities is Forbidden.
– Make sure nothing will fall from the drone during flight.
– You need to have a Radio receiver. You need it to establish radio contact with the near airport control tower during and before every flight.
On this document issued by the CAAC, you can get more information about drone laws in Colombia.
Authorization Requirements for Flying a Drone in Colombia
– For fly a drone in Colombia you need to have passed aeronautical training test. This training must be performed in CAAC approved center. The pilot must have at least 40 hours of flight practice.
– A request for Authorization must be taken before each flight. Also, you need request for Permission of Operation. This request has to be ensured 15 business days before the flight.
Needed parameters to request authorization:
– Location and date of the planned flight.
– Time and flight level.
– Purpose and description of the flight.
– Name and contact info of the drone pilot.
– Risk assessment of the flight.
Learn more about licensing, authorization requirements and drone laws in Colombia in this document issued by the CAAC.
Some tourist travel tips for Colombia
Colombia is the only country in South America with coasts in the Pacific and Caribbean. This is a spectacularly beautiful country, with the Andes, beaches, colonial cities and archeological treasures to enjoy for the business traveler or leisure traveler. You will not be disappointed with the first 10 things you have to do in Colombia.
The capital of Colombia, Santafé de Bogotá has a rich colonial tradition with many landmarks from this period, preserved as historical landmarks.
Bogota can have all sorts of things in Colombia, as it is a combination of new and old. If you are looking for history, head to La Candelaria, the oldest district in the city. The Capitol City Palace and several churches are worth a visit.
The old fenced town and fortress repelled invaders and pirates in their early days. He now welcomes visitors to his colonial charm, vibrant nightlife and nearby attractions.
Visiting Cartagena, you will not be surprised that it is called the jewel of South America, as it is probably one of the most beautiful cities in South America.
Tierradentro and San Agustin
Parque Arqueológico de San Agustín is a huge park in the gorge of the Magdalena River in southern Colombia, where centuries ago, before the time of the Incas, people buried their dead in graves guarded by fiery stone figures, some with animal elements, some mythical, intriguing. for archaeologists and visitors.
Santa Marta and Tyrone Park
Santa Marta is the first Spanish settlement in Colombia. Situated on the coast, it boasts great beaches and access to Tayrona and Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta National Parks, as well as the famous lost city of Taironas.
If you are ready for adventure, the trip to Ciudad Perdida is for you. This is still a relatively unknown destination and can only be reached with a path of over 1200 steps. This is definitely not for the faint of heart.
Cali is the third largest city in Colombia and a center for sugar and coffee production.
If you are looking for things to do in Colombia and want to dance, look no further than Colombia. It enjoys a great nightlife at the Salsoteka, and visitors enjoy the historic center, as well as excursions to the surrounding areas for the sugar baron Haciendas and the first-class archaeological sites of San Augustine and Tierradentro.
Colombian reservation company
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!