Main Drone Laws in Taiwan
A list of drone regulations and links
for drone pilots in Taiwan
Taiwan's Drone Regulation Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
Yes, it is requireed.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, with conditioins.
Does the drone need a badge?
Yes, it is required.
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from the Airports.
Main Drone Laws in Taiwan
When you decide to travel and fly your drone in Taiwan you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Latest Drone Laws in Taiwan
Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that, you must keep also the drone laws in Taiwan listed bellow.
In Taiwan, there are some specific rules for foreigners.
If you are a foreigner and want to travel to Taiwan with your drone, you need to:
– Have an Approval from the CAA.
– Documents needed to get approval: Application, Photocopy of the Passport, and operation certificate of the remote control drone issued by a foreign country or region. A Chinese translation shall be attached if the certificate is in a language other than English.
– All the documents – registration and operating permit, shall be valid up to 6 months.
General Drone Rules in Taiwan
The CAA is working on creating clear regulations for flying a UAV. Some of their elements are still in the Draft stage.
The basic drone laws in Taiwan you should keep safe are:
– The drone pilot is responsive to fly the drone in a safe manner.
– If an accident appears, the drone pilot must notify the CAA.
– If you don’t have special permission from the CAA, you can fly a drone with a maximum weight of 25 kilograms.
– Max allowed speed – 150 MPH.
– Flying near Airports or Airfields – is Forbidden.
– Max allowed Altitude – 120 meters.
– You cannot operate a drone from a moving object – vehicle, boat, or ship.
– You can operate only one drone at a time.
– You have to keep the VLOS (Visual Line Of Sight) during the entire flight.
– Flying over crows – is forbidden.
– Fly only in Daytime. Flying at night – is forbidden.
Registration of the drone
– All drones over 250 grams need to be registered with the CAA. The Registration number must be placed on the Remote Control.
– A Business Operation Certificate is required for all commercial drone operations.
If you are interested in drone shooting techniques, you may read our article about Droneception.
Some tourist travel tips for Taiwan
Filled with amazing scenery, delicious food, friendly people, and stunning temples, Taiwan should be on everyone’s travel list. Modern architectural landmarks such as Taipei 101 are as beautiful as the ten-year-old temples found throughout the country. Whether visitors are looking for a more relaxing getaway filled with lush nature parks and relaxing hot springs, or if they want to spend their vacation shopping in the lively night markets, singing karaoke, and drinking locally brewed craft beers, Taiwan has it all. Attractions not to be missed include Sun Moon Lake, Kenting National Park, National Palace Museum, and Fengjia Night Market
Taipei is the cultural, political, and economic center of Taiwan, in addition to being the largest city on the island. Visitors will encounter a world that combines the modern with the traditional, as the old temples combine with gourmet restaurants and world-class shopping malls. Attractions such as Taipei Zoo, Flora Expo Park, and the Botanical Garden are popular places to visit while you are there. The Maokong Gondola offers a bird’s-eye view of the beautiful city, which celebrates many festivals throughout the year. There are many centers and museums that allow visitors to better understand and appreciate the history of the earth; some of them not to be missed include the Taiwan Craft Museum, the Puppet Arts Center, the Taipei Discovery Center, and the National Palace Museum.
Subscribe to receive latest news from us
Best drone views from the Globe
Special Presets Bundle for Photographers
Transform your photos in just a few seconds!
Finish your photos with our presets and make them just perfect!