A list of drone regulations and links for drone pilots in Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago's Drone Regulation Overview:
Is a registration necessary?
Yes, it is required.
Recreational use of drones allowed?
Yes, it is allowed.
Is drone insurance mandatory?
It is recommended
Commercial use of drones permitted?
Yes, with conditioins.
Does the drone need a badge?
Yes, it is required.
Respect the privacy of other people
Don’t forget this rule.
Not allowed drones near airports
Stay away from the Airports.
Main Drone Laws in Trinidad and Tobago
When you decide to travel and fly your drone in Trinidad and Tobago you need to be informed about the drone regulations about this. Always read the latest rules and information on the official web pages.
Our advice is always to be up to date with the latest news and conditions before you decide and perform a drone flight. After that, you must keep also the drone laws in Trinidad and Tobago listed bellow.
General Drone Rules in Trinidad and Tobago
– If your drone is more than 750 grams- you have to register it with the CAA. you can find the requirements for registration here (PDF file).
– A license is required for all drone operations. Depending on the drone weight and the drone operation – Recreational or Commercial- the requirements are different. You can check this document issued by the CAA.
– Max allowed altitude – 120 meters. If your drone is less than 750 grams-then you can flight 30 meters above the ground max.
– Keep the VLOS ( Visual Line Of Sight) during the entire flight.
– Flying over people without their permission – is forbidden.
– You can not fly in the No Fly Zones. The list of these zones is published here.
– If you will perform a commercial drone flight – you nd to have Insurance.
Trinidad and Tobago are the southernmost islands of the Antilles, located between Grenada and Venezuela. To the east of the country is the Atlantic Ocean, while to the west is the Caribbean Sea. Trinidad and Tobago have a total area of 5,128 square kilometers and consists of several islands. Tobago is famous for its luxury resorts and white sandy beaches, ideal for water sports. The African tradition, represented by culture and demography, is everywhere. Trinidad is a business center with a fast-growing oil and gas industry. Trinidad is characterized by a more urban lifestyle.
Due to the southern position of the islands of Trinidad and Tobago, the temperature is the same throughout the year. The average daily temperature is 27 ° C and the relative humidity is about 75%. There are only two seasons: the rainy season, which lasts from June to November, and the dry season, which lasts from December to May. The high tourist season is from January to March, with a peak in February, when the carnival attracts hordes of visitors.
Trinidad and Tobago is the land of carnival, calypso music, and dance.
For tourists, it offers a unique experience like no other place in the world. Rich history, culture, beautiful beaches, perfect temperatures, and biodiversity throughout the year, offering unforgettable moments of rest and relaxation. Here you will not want to rest, here your holiday will be full-day walks. The place is ideal for those who want a slightly different holiday than usual.
Our mission is to help you to get everything for flying with drones. We teach you the rules, how to fly a drone, where to fly a drone, and what to buy as well as everything you need to know about drones.
If you want to advertise or have any question, please contact us.